Nonprofit organizations in the Komen Ozark service area can now apply for small grants! We are excited to offer four small grant opportunities.
New this year, the Affiliate has added Capacity-Building grants. These grants are for organizations interested in beginning a new program or test new ideas that will increase the innovative capacity and effectiveness of breast health programs that serve low income, underinsured and uninsured patients. Capacity Building grants can be used to enhance an organization’s ability to provide services by redesigning processes, implementing new practices, or developing collaborations or partnerships. Capacity Building grants can be requested for up to $10,000.
Educational and Outreach grant applications can be submitted for new approaches to reach our target communities. These grants provide opportunities to creatively meet identified education and outreach needs in our area. These grants can be written for up to $10,000. More information about our target communities can be obtained by reviewing the Komen Ozark Community Profile – which can be found on our website: http://komenozark.org/about-us/history/our-community-need/
Travel grants are available for up to $2,000. This small grant opportunity is for an individual attending a conference or seminar that would increase the community knowledge of breast cancer. There is a new requirement for grantees to provide a short written report six months following attendance to report on any implemented strategies or activities influenced by attendance.
Last, Conference grant applications can be submitted to support an organization that would like host a local scientific or education conference. The conference should focus on the enhancement of interaction between advocates, healthcare and the scientific community. These grants can be funded up to $10,000.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Applicant must be a 501(c) organization (non-profit organization, educational institution and/or government agency) and provide proof of non-profit status if it is not already on file with the Affiliate. Checks cannot be issued to individuals; they must be issued to the 501(c) 3 organization.
- Applicant must be operating within the Komen Affiliate’s service area, and funded activities (except travel) must take place within the service area.
- Project or event must be specific to breast health/breast cancer, and must be relevant to the Komen Promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures.
- Please contact Vicki Cowling at Vicki@Komenozark.org before initiating the application process.
- All grant proposals must be submitted online through the Grants e-Management System (GeMS): https://affiliategrants.komen.org.